The new Ortofon 2M MONO Series - the true MONO from Ortofon!
The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound.
The name 2M was selected among several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and to remember, and therefore an alpha numerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
The 2M series of cartridges feature Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series
The 2M Mono Series features:
- an improved engine, which provides a high level of sonic accuracy
- R 18µm Nude Spherical stylus that is an optimal solution for playing mono microgroove LP vinyl records
- 2M Mono uses a strapped output to deliver the same output signal from both sets of pole pins. This effectively eliminates the need for mono-specific equipment, making it possible to enjoy true mono reproduction on any stereo playback system.
2M Headshell features:
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms. NB: on Technics models please use the auxiliary weight which is vital in this case.
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/210, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
- Weight 16,9g, weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g
- Exclusive plug-and-play solution
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec: 4 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: -
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: -
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: -
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 18 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Spherical
- Stylus tip radius: R18 µm
- Tracking force range: 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 700 Ohm
- Internal inductance: 350 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/White
- Cartridge weight without screws: 7,2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Mono
- Stylus protection guard: 2M Mono