Recognizing the variability in taste and systems, within the SoundSmith designs are three cartridges that present detailed analog with a noticably warmer or more sultry presentation - these include the value leading Carmen, the Zephyr and the Paua.
The Carmen is a best buy as well as one of the most favorable review cartridges around.
- Stylus: Nude Elliptical, 0.120mm SQ
- Radius of curvature: 6 x 17 µm
- Cantilever: Aluminum Alloy
- Recommended Tracking force: 14mN / 1.4 gm (medium)
- Effective tip mass: 0.35 mg
- Compliance: 22 µm/mN (medium)
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz ± 2.5 dB
- Channel Separation (stereo only): 1000 Hz >26 dB - 50-15,000 >20 dB
- Channel difference: <1.6 dB (Stereo)
- Output @ 5 cm/sec. >2.12 mV
- Cartridge weight: 6.8 grams
- Load: Resistance >/= 47 kohms - Capacitance: 100 - 200 pF