The 2M Series of cartridges is designed for precise and accurate retrieval of the information in the record groove. Our philosophy is to play the record sound as accurate as possible, without coloring the sound.
The 2M Bronze features a nude Fine Line diamond stylus, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
The cartridge body used for the 2M Bronze is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, weight and size to fit the most common turntables at the market today. 2M Series provides excellent compatibility in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-29.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force: 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range: 1.4-1.7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 1.5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 1.2 kOhm
- Internal inductance: 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance: 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance: 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus: Black/Bronze
- Cartridge weight: 7.2 g
- Replacement stylus unit: 2M Bronze (interchangeable with 2M Black)
- Stylus protection guard: 2M Bronze
(4.50 Stars) 4 person(s) rated this product.
No Brainer here. posted on 02/01/2019
|I called and spoke to Nate about a potential upgrade from the Ortofon Blue. He took the time to discuss my system with me and recommended the Ortofon Bronze. I went ahead and upgraded.
If you are thinking of upgrading from a red or blue to a bronze, just go ahead and do it. You will not be disappointed! It was stunning to me to find out how much more detail and musicality this cartridge brings to the table versus a blue or a red.
In conclusion I can only say, I should have upgraded to the bronze years ago.
Thanks, Nate and Acoustic Sounds!
Loose stylus posted on 12/20/2016
|In a similar experience to "Best I've Owned", the stylus of my cartridge became loose. There were several times when I fell asleep listening to records, and the needle ended up spending hours in the runout groove. Evidently, that jerked the stylus to such an extent as to make it loose fitting on the cartridge.
The loose fitting stylus resulted in more sibilance than usual, and high notes would break apart at their apexes. I have a backup that fits much more snugly, and it exhibits much less sibilance and breakup.
The general design might not be optimal. As the record is playing, the pull of the record wants to pull the stylus off the cartridge. With some vibrations, it could eventually accomplish its goal. I wish that, instead of the stylus sliding into its socket in a direction relatively parallel to record play, that it somehow snapped upward like the Audio Technica cartridges.
If you have a snug fit, the sound is phenomenal - lots of dynamic range, nuanced detail, and depth.
a review and let people know what you think of this product OR
just rate it.