1/4 Inch - 15 IPS Tape
|No. of Discs:||2|
|Shipping February 2023|
2-reel Ultra-Master Tape Edition!
Duplication AAA from the analog master
Numbered limited edition
On the The Absolute Sound list of must-hear audiophile recordings
AudioNautes proudly offers this 2-reel tape version of the classic analogue recording from 1980, lovingly produced, engineered and edited by Robert von Bahr using a Revox A77 and two — presumably spaced — simple Sennheiser MKH105 omni condenser mikes (vintage early '60's design); it amply shows the merits of a simple signal path, combined with minimal intervention and post-processing.
The recording immediately astonishes with its fluid, natural and utterly truthful sound, And the acoustic of the Chapel of the Imperial College, Madrid is just beautiful. The music, all 80 minutes of it, features variations on three archetypal Spanish themes (La Spagna, a Spagnoletta and Pavane), as interpreted by different composers such as Praetorius, Farnaby, Negri, Josquin Desprez, Ortiz and others. Aided by impeccable playing and 'realisation' of the basic themes, the end result is lively, fun and eclectic.
At AudioNautes, each copy is transferred in real time, using studio-level reel-to-reel tape recorders on freshly-made RTM audioptape. Production of audiotapes is a time-consuming process so each album is released in limited batches. Fabio Camorani of AudioNautesis a true man of passion and dedication to analog sound recordings!
AudioNautes Ultra-Master Tape Copy features:
• 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
• Pure Analogue Recording
• Analogue Tape Copies from original analogue masters
• Each tape copied with CCIR equalization with reference level 320 nWb/m on halftrack 1/4" Recording The Master's Tape
• Metal reels made by Hemiolia with two custom colors and laser engraving
• High-class cardboard box features production cover picture labelled to the box
• EQ: 320 nWb
• Half-track format
• Tape Speed: a 15 ips, 1/4 -inch 2-track analogue tape