CBLJ 9020 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
Out To Lunch from 1964, Eric Dolphy's final studio album before his premature death at the age of 36, has long been considered one of his greatest statements. Not only is Dolphy heard at his most explorative and inventive on each of his instruments but he contributes five very original compositions including an unusual Thelonious Monk tribute ("Hat And Beard") and the eccentric "Straight Up And Down."
Utilizing an all-star group that features Freddie Hubbard, Bobby Hutcherson, Richard Davis and a teenage Tony Williams, Dolphy maps out a future for jazz that he would never live to experience. One can hear bits of such future greats as Oliver Lake, Anthony Braxton, Bennie Maupin, David Murray and James Newton in Dolphy's playing and writing but, truth be told, there was only one Eric Dolphy. Out To Lunch is his last masterpiece.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
• Cardboard sleeve (mini-LP sleeve)
Eric Dolphy, alto sax, flute, bass clarinet
Freddie Hubbard, trumpet
Bobby Hutcherson, vibes
Richard Davis, bass
Anthony Williams, drums
|1. Hat And Beard|
|2. Something Sweet, Something Tender|
|4. Out To Lunch|
|5. Straight Up And Down|
(5.00 Stars) 1 person(s) rated this product.
|Write a review and let people know what you think of this product OR just rate it.|