CDGJ 9539 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
This album from DGG is a very distinguished record indeed. Pollini is sparkling in the F major, and in the A major has a superbly poised, vibrant sense of line. Every phrase here seems to speak, and he is given excellent support from Böhm and the Vienna orchestra. There is no sense of haste in the outer movements; everything is admirably paced. Good, well-detailed and finely balanced recording make this one of the finest Mozart concerto records DGG have given us. Among the K.488s, this must be ranked as second-to-none.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
• Japanese pressing
|Piano Concerto No.23 in A major, K.488|
|Piano Concerto No.19 in F major, K.459|