The MC-1 Turbo is an excellent entry into the world of high output Moving Coil (MC) cartridges, with an elliptical stylus profile.
The MC-1 Turbo has a 3.3mV output, which makes it perfect for use with inbuilt phono preamps – specifically ones designed for Moving Magnet (MM) cartridges.
The MC-1 Turbo provides a taste of the linearity and precision of moving coils, but without the need for additional high gain preamps or transformers.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.: 3.3 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: < 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz: > 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz: > 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB: 20-25.000 Hz
- Frequency response: 20-20.000 Hz + 4 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force *): > 65 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral: 13 µm/mN
- Stylus type: Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius: r/R 8/18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass: 0.75 mg
- Tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 g (18-22 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended: 2 g (20 mN)
- Tracking angle: 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance: 100 Ohm
- Recommended load impedance: 47 kOhm / < 500 pF
- Cartridge body material: Noryl
- Cartridge colour: Black
- Cartridge weight: 4.1 g