CECMJ 9067-8 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
|No. of Discs:||2|
Originally released in 1983, Travels is the Pat Metheny Group's first live album recorded during several 1982 concerts. For this collection of jazz music, guitarist Metheny's group consists of Lyle Mays on keyboards, drummer Dan Gottlieb, bassist Steve Rodby, and Nana Vasconcelos on percussion and vocals. Travels earned the 1983 Grammy for Best Jazz Fusion Performance.
Recorded less than a year after the magnificent ?Offramp,' Travels is proof that the PMG were on a creative high. Music was pouring from Metheny and Mays. Extraordinarily for a live album, over half the tracks were entirely new and have not been heard, before or since, on any studio album. Pat said in an interview soon after this album?s release that he preferred this version of ?"Are You Going With Me??" to the ?Offramp? original. Both have their merits. Both are brilliant.
Here are two delightfully simple tunes on this album ? "Farmer?s Trust?" and ?"Travels?" ? which are gorgeously executed duets by Metheny and Mays, with the rest of the band in the background. They are almost love poems, a high point in the musical understanding between Mays and Metheny. It?s almost impossible for any artist to create two masterpieces in succession, but the PMG achieved this with ?Offramp? and ?Travels?.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Pat Metheny, guitar
Steve Rodby, bass
Lyle Mays, piano
Nana Vasconcelos, percussion
Dan Gottlieb, percussion