Owsley Stanley Foundation
FLAC 96kHz/24bit Download
“Of course, sociologically, you know, this all represents a big switch in the whole rock ’n’ roll trip.” ~Jerry Garcia
This offering includes Chapter 3 - October 14, 1969, Mandrake’s, Berkeley, California
Check out the Complete Chapter 1-4 Box Set Here!
Rare, early live recordings of New Riders of the Purple Sage, captured by the Grateful Dead’s legendary soundman Owsley “Bear” Stanley, including a performance pre-dating their naming.
• Complete Chapter 1-4 Set includes tracks spanning 9 performances; some of the earliest recordings of Jerry Garcia on pedal steel; and never-before released tracks performed with Bob Weir outside of the Grateful Dead’s repertoire.
• This is history unvarnished, but it's pure and spirited and filled with so many moments that will touch the hearts of NRPS/GD fans.
• Freshly restored from the original tapes captured by legendary Grateful Dead soundman, Owsley Stanley,
a/k/a Bear, who is known for the purity of his "Sonic Journal" recordings.
• The fourth release in the award-winning "Bear's Sonic Journals" series. The foundation’s first release, Doc and Merle Watson: Never the Same Way Once, was named a Stereophile Recording of the Month.
• Original liner notes include interviews with David Nelson and Bob Weir, never-before published photographs of the band and Jerry Garcia, and original cover artwork by Bear’s daughter Nina.
|1. Only Daddy That'll Walk the Line|
|2. Fair Chance To Know|
|3. Mama Tried|
|4. I Still Miss Someone|
|6. The Weight|
|7. Garden of Eden (October 15, 1969)|
|8. Long Black Veil (October 15, 1969|
|9. Death and Destruction (October 15, 1969)|