Owsley Stanley Foundation
FLAC 96kHz/24bit Download
|Only Available in the
“Of course, sociologically, you know, this all represents a big switch in the whole rock ’n’ roll trip.” ~Jerry Garcia
This offering includes Chapter 2 - August 28, 1969, The Family Dog at the Great Highway, San Francisco, California
Check out the Complete Chapter 1-4 Box Set Here!
Rare, early live recordings of New Riders of the Purple Sage, captured by the Grateful Dead’s legendary soundman Owsley “Bear” Stanley, including a performance pre-dating their naming.
• Complete Chapter 1-4 Set includes tracks spanning 9 performances; some of the earliest recordings of Jerry Garcia on pedal steel; and never-before released tracks performed with Bob Weir outside of the Grateful Dead’s repertoire.
• This is history unvarnished, but it's pure and spirited and filled with so many moments that will touch the hearts of NRPS/GD fans.
• Freshly restored from the original tapes captured by legendary Grateful Dead soundman, Owsley Stanley,
a/k/a Bear, who is known for the purity of his "Sonic Journal" recordings.
• The fourth release in the award-winning "Bear's Sonic Journals" series. The foundation’s first release, Doc and Merle Watson: Never the Same Way Once, was named a Stereophile Recording of the Month.
• Original liner notes include interviews with David Nelson and Bob Weir, never-before published photographs of the band and Jerry Garcia, and original cover artwork by Bear’s daughter Nina.
|Six Days On The Road|
|I Am Your Man|
|Last Lonely Eagle|
|Whatcha Gonna Do|
|Introducing the Famous Bobby Ace|
|Old Old House|
|Me & My Uncle|
|Seasons of My Heart|
|To Have the Hurting End (August 29, 1969)|
|The Games People Play (August 29, 1969)|
|Superman (August 30, 1969)|
|Saw Mill* (August 30, 1969)|