Owsley Stanley Foundation
FLAC 192kHz/24bit Download
|Only Available in the
“Of course, sociologically, you know, this all represents a big switch in the whole rock ’n’ roll trip.” ~Jerry Garcia
This offering includes Chapter 1 - August 1, 1969, Bear’s Lair, Berkeley, California (Set 2)
Check out the Complete Chapter 1-4 Box Set Here!
Rare, early live recordings of New Riders of the Purple Sage, captured by the Grateful Dead’s legendary soundman Owsley “Bear” Stanley, including a performance pre-dating their naming.
• Complete Chapter 1-4 Set includes tracks spanning 9 performances; some of the earliest recordings of Jerry Garcia on pedal steel; and never-before released tracks performed with Bob Weir outside of the Grateful Dead’s repertoire.
• This is history unvarnished, but it's pure and spirited and filled with so many moments that will touch the hearts of NRPS/GD fans.
• Freshly restored from the original tapes captured by legendary Grateful Dead soundman, Owsley Stanley,
a/k/a Bear, who is known for the purity of his "Sonic Journal" recordings.
• The fourth release in the award-winning "Bear's Sonic Journals" series. The foundation’s first release, Doc and Merle Watson: Never the Same Way Once, was named a Stereophile Recording of the Month.
• Original liner notes include interviews with David Nelson and Bob Weir, never-before published photographs of the band and Jerry Garcia, and original cover artwork by Bear’s daughter Nina.
|1. Six Days On The Road|
|3. What’s Made Milwaukee Famous|
|4. I’ve Got A Tiger By The Tail|
|5. Don't Take Any Chances|
|9. Garden of Eden|
|10. Hello Trouble|
|11. Last Lonely Eagle|
|12. Whatcha Gonna Do|
|13. Zebra Dun|
|14. Jerry Explains His Instrument|
|16. Sweet Lovin’ One|
|17. Fair Chance To Know|
|18. Long Black Limousine|
|19. All I Ever Wanted|
|20. Truck Drivin' Man|
|21. The Lady Came From Baltimore|
|22. Games People Play|
|23. Introducing the Murdering Punks|
|24. To Have the Hurting End|
|25. I am Your Man|