CDEJ 9077 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
|No. of Discs:||2|
The Rachmaninov Piano Concertos and Paganini Rhapsody, performed by Vladimir Ashkenazy and the London Symphony Orchestra under the baton of André Previn, are among the most iconic recordings in Decca’s catalog.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
Vladimir Ashkenazy, piano
London Symphony Orchestra
Andre Previn, conductor
|Sergey Rachmaninov (1873-1943)|
|Piano Concerto No. 1 in F Sharp Minor, Op. 1|
|3. Allegro Vivace|
|Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor, Op. 18|
|2. Adagio Sostenuto|
|3. Allegro Scherzando|
|Piano Concerto No. 3 in D Minor, Op.30 (Beginning)|
|1. Allegro Ma Non Tanto|
|Piano Concerto No. 3 (Conclusion)|
|1. Intermezzo (Adagio) ... Finale (Alla Breve)|
|Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Minor, Op. 40|
|1. Allegro Vivace (Alla Breve)|
|2. Largo... Allegro Vivace|
|Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43|