CDGJ 9524 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
"Leonard Bernstein was always one to rise to an occasion, and this performance is no exception. Nowadays, when Beethoven Ninths are a dime a dozen, it's hard to recapture the sense of excitement that greeted Bernstein's Deutsche Grammophon Beethoven cycle when it was first released. In some ways, it marked the end of Bernstein's career as an American phenomenon, and the beginning of his reputation as a 'grand old man' of classical music. Well, this performance doesn't sound old, but it certainly is grand." — Amazon.com
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
• Japanese pressing
|1. Allegro ma non troppo, un poco maestoso|
|2. Molto vivace|
|3. Adagio molto e cantabile|
|5. Presto – Allegro assai|