CDGJ 9505 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
|Note:||OBI Strip may or may not be included and packaging may change as stock from manufacturer varies.|
Two classic composers' well-known works
On this release, Herbert von Karajan conducts the Berliner Philharmoniker for a performance of Grieg's Peer Gynt Suites 1 & 2 and Sibelius' Pelleas et Melisande.
Peer Gynt, Op. 23 is the incidental music to Henrik Ibsen's 1867 play of the same name, written by the Norwegian composer Edvard Grieg in 1875. It premiered along with the play on February 24, 1876 in Christiania (now Oslo). Later, in 1888 and 1891, Grieg extracted eight movements to make two four-movement suites: Suite No. 1, Op. 46, and Suite No. 2, Op. 55. Some of these movements have received coverage in popular culture.
Pelléas et Mélisande, is incidental music in ten parts written in 1905 by Jean Sibelius, for Maurice Maeterlinck's 1892 drama Pelléas et Mélisande. Sibelius later on slightly rearranged the music into a nine movement suite, published as Op. 46, which became one of his most popular concert works.
• 2-channel Single Layer SACD
• Two-channel SACD layer only, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This disc will ONLY work on a Super Audio Disc Player
Herbert von Karajan, conductor