Universal Records (Japan)
CDEJ 9055 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
|No. of Discs:||3|
SHM-SACD 3-disc Set features Hans Knappertsbusch conducting this 1962 recording of Parsifal by Wagner. For the first 30 years of its existence, Parsifal was forbidden to be performed outside of the Bayreuth Festival, as commanded by the composer Richard Wagner himself.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. It excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• 3-Disc Set
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player
Orchester der Bayreuther Festspiele
Hans Knappertsbusch, conductor
Richard Wagner (1813-1883)