Unless you've been living under a rock, you have undoubtedly heard and perhaps read about the success of the Micromega MyDac, named "Budget Component of the Year" by the review The Abso!ute Sound.
Get ready for the next sonic tsunami to be unleashed from the French laboratory of Micromega HD - this one is named "MyZic"; a compact audiophile headphone amplifier Micromega is confident will rewrite headphone amplifier history.
Micromega is all aware that the headphone category has seen huge growth in recent years and given that the headphone outputs on most amplifiers offer relatively poor performance, the headphone amplifier category, by itself, offers excellent potential.
Using the same form factors as MyDac, MyZic is a full function, highly stable, energy efficient headphone amplifier with its own internal switching power supply and cutting edge circuitry that delivers detail without any harsh edge. It does deliver fantastic high-dynamic contrast, bass control and a superbly well-defined sense of spacial clarity.
• 1MΩ analog input to prevent loading source output stage.
• Analog output duplicating analog input to avoid the need for a,Y connection.
• MyZIC matches with every headphone impedance and,sensitivity.
• Log horizontal rotary control for a precise listening level,adjustment. Minimal level detection putting MyZIC in standby,mode.
• Out of standby delay to avoid any turn on thump.
• Professional Neutrik headphone 1/4” socket with headphone,presence detection. When no headphone is connected, MyZIC,will remain in standby mode.
• LED status indicator : Red when MyZIC is in standby and,White in operation.
• 85 - 265 Vac / 50 – 60 Hz switch mode power supply, designed,by Micromega for exceptional sonics.
• Headphone minimal impedance : 16 Ω
• Gain : 12 dB
• Very low full bandwidth distortion ≤ 0,005% (20 Hz – 20 kHz)
• Very low IMD SMPTE distortion ≤ 0,002%
• Full power bandwidth : 10 Hz – 100 kHz ± 0,5 dB
• Signal to noise ratio > 115 dB A weighted
• Textured ABS enclosure.,• Available in two colors : White and Black
• Very low standby consumption ( <150 mW)
• Unit complies with most stringent power regulations.
• Made in France
Bandwidth: (± 0.5 dB) 10 Hz – 100 kHz
Signal to noise ratio: A weighted (20Hz – 20kHz) > 115 dB
THD: (32 Ω – 20 mW - 20 Hz – 20 kHz) < 0.005%
Gain: 12 dB
Headphone impedance: ≥16 Ω
Mains Power supply
Type of cord: C7
Mains voltage range: 85 – 265 Vac
Mains frequency range: 47 – 63 Hz
Standby consumption: (85-265 Vac) < 200 mW
Unit (L x W x H): 5.5" x 5.9" x 1.4" (140mm x 150mm x 35mm)
Packaging (L x W x H mm): 8.1" x 7.9" 2.6" (206mm x 201mm x 67mm)
Unit: 0.66 lbs. (300 g)
Packaging: 0.88 lbs. (400 g)