*Now Includes Wireless Remote Volume Control!*
**In addition to the Remora Remote control system, an additional White Follower buffer stage was engineered into the Jumbo Shrimp to better drive the volume control. This fortunately resulted in greatly increased headroom and significantly reduced distortion in the whole unit. It is a big improvement besides being convenient.
"…at Manley Labs being shrimp-like is a good thing, as it means a smaller, less painful price. The Manley Shrimp is anything but small, however, when it comes to aesthetics, parts- and build-quality, and what matters most, great sound…" – Sue Kraft, The Absolute Sound
A great-sounding, ALL-TUBE, line-level preamplifier, the Jumbo Shrimp is very quick and lively sounding. Its transparent presentation will bring out new details from your favorite recordings. Direct-coupled, non-inverting, two-tube gain stage uses 2 x 12AT7 and 2 x 7044. The quality of parts used, such as the MIT/MultiCap polypropylene capacitors and cool backlit logo are simply not found in other components at this price level.
- Vacuum Tubes: 2 x 12AT7, 2 X 7044
- Five line level inputs unbalanced RCA
- MUTE switch and Warm-Up muting delay
- Accurately tracking Alps volume control (w/remote)
- Center detented Alps balance control
- Record Output
- Two sets of unbalanced RCA main outs
- Gain 11.8dB
- Frequency response: 10 Hz - 80 KHz
- S/N ratio: typically 95 dB A WGT 20-20K
- Input Impedance: 250 Kohm
- Output impedance: 50 ohms
- Power Consumption: 33 Watts (275mA @ 120VAC)
- Dimensions: W=19", L=11", H=3 1/2"
- Shipping weight: 15 Ibs.