"…Normally, I wouldn't expect an affordable, Chinese-made integrated powered by tubes to be the last word in rugged construction or sexy cosmetics. The Cayin A-50T proved me wrong in both regards…the Cayin A-50T is competitive with many higher-powered, more expensive integrateds, both tube and solid-state, and its strengths rival those of many far more expensive tube separates I've heard…I strongly recommend that anyone considering up to $2000 on an integrated amplifier listen to the magic that the Cayin A-50T can produce." – Robert J. Reina, Stereophile, March 2008
"The Cayin A-50T is the best low-price amp I have ever heard, and it rivals some of the best amps in any price range." - Harry Weisfeld, owner of VPI Industries
This beautifully-crafted, hand-made tube piece is manufactured to deliver the sound of the classic Marantz 8B.
The Cayin Audio A-50T uses four EL34s for Class AB1 P.P amplification. The craftsmanship is absolutely first-rate, featuring point-to-point wiring, and each unit is hand-initialed by a quality-control inspector. The toroid power transformer and EI audio transformer are specially manufactured for the A-50T with low magnetic leakage, wide frequency response and low impedance. Two 12AX7EHs and two 12AU7s are used in the preamplifier. One very cool feature is the ability to switch between ultralinear and triode by remote control.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Warranty: five years (parts); three years (labor); 90 days on tubes
- These Cayin products are remote-controlled
Click Here to Download the Owners Manual
This piece was hand-built with extreme attention to detail, including point-to-point wiring. Point-to-point was the way that amps used to be wired back in the 1950s and '60s when cost was not the primary objective. Nowadays, most everything contains circuit boards instead of this point-to-point wiring, which is much more dependable and better performing. The bottom line is that point-to-point wiring sounds better. It's one of the main reasons why these Cayin pieces sound like the classic tube gear from Marantz and McIntosh. Anymore, products that feature point-to-point wiring cost a fortune, or they feature sub-par workmanship. You simply are not going to find craftsmanship like with this Cayin gear for anywhere close to this price.
There are output taps for 4 or 8 ohms. This allows you to fine-tune the sound that you desire. Switching is simple, and listening to the differences is a lot of fun.
There is a removable cage, included at no extra charge. The cage snaps into place simply, so that you can take it on and off with no problem. Keep it on if you're worried about protecting your tubes, or take it off to show what real, heavy-duty, classic tube gear looks like. Turn off the lights and watch 'em glow.
- All vacuum tube design; all hand-made
- Remote control; ultralinear and triode select
- Includes Protective Cage
- Power output: 16W triode; 35W ultralinear
- Frequency response: 10Hz~50kHz
- THD: 1% (1kHz)
- S/N ration: 89db
- Input sensitivity: 370mV
- Input impedance: 100K ohms
- Output impedance: 4 ohm or 8 ohm output connections
- Weight: 28.6 pounds (13 kg)
- Power consumption: 280W
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 14" x 7" x 12"
- Hand made with point-point wiring
- Soft-start circuit (30 seconds) - ideal for extended tube life
- Tube plate fuse protects the amp output stage
- Custom designed output transformers for low impedance/wide bandwidth with multiple-tap outputs
- Toridal power transformer
- Heavy-gauge, ventilated steel chassis - hand rubbed and polished
- Premium parts, including chassis-mounted ceramic tube sockets, ALPS volume control, Nichicon and Realcap capacitors, WBT style speaker terminals and Gold-plated input jacks