The Portable Wireless Streamer for Chord Mojo
Poly is Chord's revolutionary streaming module for Mojo. It is based on a condensed high-level PC, with data server, DLNA receiver, Wi-Fi hub, Bluetooth module and SD card reader/player functionality, plus highly sophisticated software. Poly enables wireless audio playback from smartphones and for the first time, negates the need for a cable between the two devices.
Poly acts as a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth hub and can access music in a number of ways including streaming over Wi-Fi, network storage devices (NAS) and collections stored on SD cards (using MPD). Bluetooth connectivity and AirPlay functionality provide real flexibility with smartphones and enable multiple Mojo/Poly combinations to be used throughout the home, providing a high-quality multi-room streaming playback solution.
Poly removes the original need for a wired link between the smartphone and Mojo, and is controlled wirelessly from Android and iOS apps on your phone.
When connected to Mojo, Poly conveniently slips into pockets, bags and handbags — it doesn’t need to be hand-carried or regularly checked like other players.
Poly is compatible with the latest high-resolution-audio file types and supports PCM files up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD512 (Octa-DSD).
When partnered with Mojo, Poly enables music streamed from a range of wirelessly connected devices to be enjoyed in the best possible sound quality, whether at home or on the go.
Poly integrates with advanced music players such as Roon (excluding SD access) and supported file types (at the time of writing) include: ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3.
Turn your Smartphone into an audio player
Poly is also a music player: it’s high-quality SD card reader/player frees up smartphone memory and storage, so vast libraries no longer need be kept locally on phones.
Full smartphone control using everyday apps enables effortless music playback whether streaming or playing music from the Micro SD.
Features and specifications:
Poly is high-resolution audio-compatible, with support for the latest studio-quality files; PCM data up to 768kHz resolution and DSD64 to DSD256 (Quad-DSD). Supported file types include ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3.
Poly offers over-the-air updates, keeping the unit up-to-date with the latest firmware. Future updates will include Native Spotify and Tidal integration and a forthcoming Poly app, GoFigure, will assist with initial network set-up and device configuration settings.
Like Mojo, Poly proudly uses British design and technology and is also made in Britain. It’s precision CNC-machined from solid aluminium billet with black anodisation and laser-ablated logos. A high-quality Mojo/Poly protective leather case is available separately.
• Precision-machined aluminium casing with black anodization, opaque black wireless signal window and silicone feet
• Optional protective leather case available
• Battery: Rechargeable LiPo (Lithium Polymer) 2200mAh; play time: 9+ hours
• Four hour charging with 2-amp Micro USB input.
• Both Mojo and Poly can be simultaneously charged via Poly’s fast-charging Micro USB circuit
• Connectivity types: Bluetooth 4.1 and Wi-Fi 2.4GHz (for optimum stability)
• Storage: Micro SD unlimited maximum capacity, playback using MPD/DLNA apps plus SD playback over Bluetooth if Wi-Fi is absent
• Playback support: DNLA, AirPlay, Bluetooth 4.1 and roon ready
• Files supported: all major file types including ACC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, OGG VORBIS, ALAC, WMA and MP3
• PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz,717.6kHz and 768kHz
• DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD256 (Quad-DSD); DSD from SD card
• Devices supported iPhone, iPad, Android phones/tablets, Windows and Mac OS X computers and DAPs (Astell & Kern etc)
• Dimensions: 50mm (L) x 62mm (W) x 22mm (H)
• Over-the-air software updates
• Hotspot mode: Poly can create its own hotspot where networks/devices/countries don’t support tethering
• Integrated Access Point: allows configuration of connected networks (up to 32)
• Bit-perfect audio
• DLNA server and renderer (SD card); SMB Server (SD card); MPD player (SD Card)