CBLJ 9021 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
Also available on:
• FLAC 192kHz/24bit Download
Art Blakey was, without doubt, one of the most explosive and rock-solid swinging drummers of all time. He also is one of the finest bandleaders and discoverers of new talent the music has ever known. On the title cut of 1960's A Night in Tunisia, Art is at his most passionate, starting off with a solo full of polyrhythms, color and fire, nearly primal in its intensity.
The word "fire" can easily apply to this version of the Jazz Messengers, featuring the blistering trumpet of Lee Morgan, the highly original tenor-saxophonist Wayne Shorter, the funky pianist Bobby Timmons and the always-reliable bassist Jymie Merritt. In addition to their remarkable instrumental prowess, Morgan, Shorter and Timmons were skilled songwriters. Each contributes a song or two this classic set, including Timmons' "So Tired." However, it is the 11-minute version of Dizzy Gillespie's "A Night in Tunisia," given arguably its greatest recording, that really makes this album a transcendent jazz listening experience for the ages.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
Lee Morgan, trumpet
Wayne Shorter, tenor saxophone
Bobby Timmons, piano
Jymie Merritt, bass
Art Blakey, drums
|1. A Night In Tunisia|
|2. Sincerely Diana|
|3. So Tired|
|5. Kozo's Waltz|