Stereo192-DSD-DAC is designed to provide easy intuitive access to all of its features. Unique to the industry is a choice of several computer interfaces that provide flexibility and ease of use whether quick plug and play or sophisticated native DSD or 192k operation is required. Both Mac and Windows Operating Systems are supported with future firmware updates available on the Mytek website for downloads.
This hardware version is intended for both computer audiophile playback and mastering/professional audio monitoring. A pair of unbalanced analog inputs can be selected in addition to all available digital inputs. As with the other inputs, it can be routed via the analog stepped attenuator to both main outputs and headphones. The "Black Preamp" version has the same functionality, specs, sound quality and firmware as the "Silver Preamp" version with the exception of the black front panel and the presence of LED level meters. Functionality, technical specs and sound quality are the same for all 3 versions with the exception of the analog vs. SDIF DSD inputs, color of panel and presence of LED level meters.
For additional information:
Manufacturer’s Product Page
Download library - manuals, drivers and firmware
Playback Software Setup Guide
- Conversion: 32bit, PCM up to 192k, 64xDSD, 128xDSD.
- Dynamic Range: 128dB (ESS Sabre chipset in 8 mono to 2 stereo config.) THD DAC: -110dB.
- Digital Audio Inputs: SPDIF, AES/EBU, Toslink all up to 192k single wire. (64xDSD and 128XDSD SDIF DSD interface on Mastering Version).
- Clock: Internal Clock Generator (10ps jitter), Wordclock In and Out, or sync to incoming digital audio input with low jitter JET (tm) PLL.
- Internal Async Hardware Upsampling- 16bit 44.1k etc. can be optionally upsampled prior to conversion to 192k/24bit with clock jitter eliminated.
- Transparent, 1dB stepped programmable analog attenuator, separate for main out and headphones.
- Relay bypass of the attenuator for direct purist DAC out.
- A pair of unbalanced RCA analog outs for preamp functions (assignable to volume control) (In Preamp Version).
- High Current, High Slew Rate ultra low distortion 500mA hi-fi headphone amp.
- Worldwide user switchable linear power supply.
- Online downloadable firmware updates. - Ability of converting standard digital audio inputs into computer FW/USB input.
- Optional infrared remote (avail 2012).
- Enclosure: Compact portable 1/2 rack space 1.72in H x 8.5in W x 8.5in D.
- Weight 6 lbs.
User Menu Choices:
- Functions assignable to buttons: MUTE, PHASE INVERT, MONO, DIM
- Selection of clock choices
- Choice of upsampling or not
- Selection of slow or fast/steep filter for PCM
- Selection of 3 filters for out of band DSD
- Assignable input selection (display only active)