Owsley Stanley Foundation
ALAC 96kHz/24bit Download
|Only Available in the
“Of course, sociologically, you know, this all represents a big switch in the whole rock ’n’ roll trip.” ~Jerry Garcia
This offering includes Chapter 4 - June 4, 1970, Fillmore West, San Francisco, California
Check out the Complete Chapter 1-4 Box Set Here!
Rare, early live recordings of New Riders of the Purple Sage, captured by the Grateful Dead’s legendary soundman Owsley “Bear” Stanley, including a performance pre-dating their naming.
• Complete Chapter 1-4 Set includes tracks spanning 9 performances; some of the earliest recordings of Jerry Garcia on pedal steel; and never-before released tracks performed with Bob Weir outside of the Grateful Dead’s repertoire.
• This is history unvarnished, but it's pure and spirited and filled with so many moments that will touch the hearts of NRPS/GD fans.
• Freshly restored from the original tapes captured by legendary Grateful Dead soundman, Owsley Stanley,
a/k/a Bear, who is known for the purity of his "Sonic Journal" recordings.
• The fourth release in the award-winning "Bear's Sonic Journals" series. The foundation’s first release, Doc and Merle Watson: Never the Same Way Once, was named a Stereophile Recording of the Month.
• Original liner notes include interviews with David Nelson and Bob Weir, never-before published photographs of the band and Jerry Garcia, and original cover artwork by Bear’s daughter Nina.
|2. Fair Chance To Know|
|3. The Race Is On|
|4. Mama Tried|
|5. Honky Tonk Women|
|6. I Don't Know You (June 5, 1970)|
|7. Superman (June 5, 1970)|
|8. If you Hear Me When I'm Leaving (June 5, 1970)|
|9. Louisiana Lady (June, 5, 1970)|
|10. The Weight (June 5, 1970)|
|11. Portland Woman (June 7, 1970)|