CDEJ 9075 SA
SHM Single Layer SACDs
SHM-SACD reissue on Decca Mozart: Symphonies No. 40 & 41 plus Dvorak: Symphony No. 8. Features DSD remastering. High-fidelity SHM-SACD format (fully compatible with standard SACD player, but it does not play on standard CD players). Japanese pressing. DSD master newly produced by U.K. Classic Sound in 2019 using the original master tapes.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
• Super High Material Super Audio CD
• SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file.
• Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou,' which minimizes diffuse reflection.
• Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes.
• This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player!
Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra
Herbert von Karajan, conductor