|No. of Discs:||2|
Rush 2112 in 2012 Super Deluxe Edition — CD + Blu-Ray plus comic book
Featuring expanded artwork, new liner notes by David Fricke of Rolling Stone, lyrics and unreleased photos by original album designer Hugh Syme
5.1 Suround Sound mix
Playable in all Blu-ray players
2112 is one of two Rush albums listed in "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die" (the other being Moving Pictures). In 2006, a poll of Planet Rock listeners picked 2112 as the definitive Rush album. In 2012, the album came in at No. 2 on Rolling Stone's list for "Your Favorite Prog Rock Albums of All Time," as voted for in a reader's poll, being one of three Rush albums included on the list (the others being Moving Pictures and Hemispheres).
Only Rush could have pulled this off, and only in the '70s. 2112 — the title suite of the band's 1976 breakthrough album — is a comically pretentious, futuristic rock opera written by a nerdy drummer and sung by a whiny-voiced geek. It also happens to be a great piece of rock 'n' roll that lifts the listener through a variety of moods and textures from genteel acoustic ("Oracle") to thrilling metal ("The Temples of Syrinx"). Perhaps realizing that they had taken conceptualism about as far as it could go, even these guys backed off on the epic hero stuff for later releases. 2112 still stands as one of the great signposts of the prog-rock era.
• Hardbound book case; includes 40-page comic book by story artist Tom Hodges
• 24-page book with expanded artwork, liner notes, lyrics and unreleased photos
• New liner notes by David Fricke
• CD: Digitally remastered plus 3 unreleased bonus live tracks
• Blu-Ray: 5.1 Surround Sound mix by Richard Chycki in 96kHz / 24-bit PCM and DTS-HD Master Audio; 96kHz / 24-bit PCM stereo; digital comic book; gallery of unreleased photos and handwritten lyrics by Neil Peart.
|The Temples of Syrinx|
|Oracle: The Dream|
|A Passage to Bangkok|
|The Twilight Zone|
|Something For Nothing|
|The Temples of Syrinx (Live)|
|A Passage to Bangkok (Live)|
|PCM & DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround Sound 96kHz/24-bit|
|PCM Stereo 96kHz/24-bit|
|Lyrics – English|
|Liner notes – English|