"While I would never call the 7000 a 'lush-sounding' cartridge, it almost manages to convey the natural warmth inherent in most instruments…the 7000 also does a great job of placing instruments precisely within a believable 3-D space, again improving realism…the Shelter 7000 delivers a heaping helping of sonic sophistication for the money." – Chris Martens, The Absolute Sound, March 2008
A new cartridge design technology improves dynamic range. These new models (the 7000 and 9000) are a complete departure from the current line current line of Shelter cartridges. Newly designed body, high frigidity, improved front-yoke, larger diameter PC-OCC lead wires wound around the redesigned bobbin. These new concepts and design philosophy allow the Shelter 7000 to achieve new levels of dynamism and quietness for a smooth and effortless sonic presentation.
Shelter 7000 Cartridge features:
- Output Voltage: 0.5 mV at 1kHz 5cm/sec.
- Channel Balance: Within 0.8dB at 1kHz
- Stylus Tip: 0.3 x 0.7mil Elliptical Nude Diamond
- Weight: 11g
- DC Resistance: 10 ohms
- Tracking Force Range: 1.4 to 2.0g
- Recommended Load Impedance: within 10 to 30 ohms with step-up transformer, within 100 ohms with head amplifier
- Compliance: 9cu
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz +/-2dB
- Channel Separation at 1 kHz: >25dB
- Anodized Aluminum Body with neodymium magnet